Farmer-to-Farmer Seed Mentorship Program
Please note the 2018 program is no longer accepting applications.
This program connects experienced seed growers with farmers who want to increase the scale, quality, and diversity of seed they are saving on-farm. Each season farmer pairs complete for 15–30 hours of mentorship between June 1 and November 30. As part of this self-directed program, mentors and mentees work together—via phone, email, and field visits—to help mentees reach their seed growing goals.
Download Mentee Application
- have established farming/market gardening experience and an earnest interest in learning to grow good seed!
- have their own farms/land (this program doesn't offer hosted internships)
- have current ACORN farm membership
- work with their mentor to establish learning goals and communication strategies
- participate in an orientation, mid-season check-in, and evaluation with ACORN Coordinator
- complete basic "outcomes", including: sending 5 photos to ACORN, providing a short write up for our newsletter (on request), and - if possible - committing to one engagement to 'pay forward' seed learning.
Download Mentor Application
- have minimum 5 years seed growing experience and an earnest interest in supporting a fellow seed grower
- be financially compensated for this time.
- work with mentees to establish learning goals and communication strategies
- participate in an orientation, mid-season check-in, and evaluation w ACORN Coordinator
- complete (minimal) administration work, including invoicing and time-keeping.