Summer Student Position: Special Project Assistant
||Application deadline: April 20, 2018
ACORN is seeking a Special Project Assistant over the summer to support with a variety of tasks.
The ACORN Special Project Assistant will provide vital support to ACORN's team for a range of communication, marketing, and educational projects. Specific tasks will include:
- Updating critical organic resources such as ACORNOrganicDirectory.ca that links consumers to organic farms and ACORN's Atlantic Organic Production Survey, a tool used to track the growth of organic businesses in the region
- Increasing outreach to the Francophone farming community by translating select sections of acornorganic.org from English to French, developing French content for social media, and doing direct outreach with Francophone members
- Coordinating partnerships for Organic Week to promote local organic food and farms across the Maritimes during this national campaign
- Support with ACORN’s on-going projects and event planning as needed
- Strong interest in organic food and agriculture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Experience with various social and multimedia tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Macs would be considered an asset
Eligible Applicants must:
- Have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
37.5 hours/week at $12.50/hour for a 16-week contract with start date of May 15th. The successful candidate will work out of ACORN’s office in Sackville, NB.
These position details are subject to funding approval and may change.
Please email a cover letter and résumé as one single PDF to Tegan Renner at email@example.com. Your résumé must include two references.
Application deadline is: April 20, 2018
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position; however, only those selected for an in-person interview will be contacted.
The Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from traditionally under-represented groups such as First Nations and visible minorities.